PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 20th Jul 2010, 21:11
Colonel White

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Col White seems to have a lot of time on his hands. Why don't you practice what you preach and take a pay cut to help your company out? We are in a recession you know.
Duggie, - people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. You might notice that my posts are done outside of normal office hours. There's a clue Oh and you want me to take a pay cut to fund your pay rise ?? Now I'm aware that communism works on the basis of equal shares for all, so I would suggest that you ask your ex-branch secretary for a wedge before you start tapping other staff. For the record I am also a volunteer for crew

The consultative ballot was a complete cock up from start to finish. BASSA sent out way more ballot papers than they have current members. They didn't allow enough time to get a full response and I would suggest they actually did themselves out of a far s stronger case. If, as you say, staff living overseas did not get ballot papers till late in the day it sounds likely that hese selfsame votes were not counted. Now I put it to you that the group of staff who have allegedly felt the most pain from the withdrawal of staff travel as a result of their strike action have been overseas based staff. Has BASSA gone for a longer ballot period these votes might have given them a somewhat better position. A cynic on the other hand might suggest that the brevity of the voting period was an attempt by BASSA to ensure that a 'no' vote prevailed as it prevented significant numbers of staff from gettng their votes in.