PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 20th Jul 2010, 20:24
Duggie Fashion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Giza, it is unlawful and illegal to punish staff for taking industrial action even if you warned the people before.

Col White seems to have a lot of time on his hands. Why don't you practice what you preach and take a pay cut to help your company out? We are in a recession you know.

The consultative ballot was managed via the Electoral Reform Society rather than an online electronic method as used previously, so that BA would not say in the likely injunction application to come, that BASSA had fiddled the figures. Unfortunately with a workforce dispersed around the world, it looks like two weeks was not long enough to get all the votes in. I do not think the union could allow 6 weeks for this consutative ballot, as the idea was just to get a flavour of how people felt. Even with the low return te result was still 2 to 1 in favour and the turnout of 45% was higher than in the last General Election, and most people were in the UK for that.

So I repeat no comfort at all for Willie and his failed strategy to bust BASSA.

And to those engineers who are going to be VCC, every flight I do from now on into LHR will have at least 6 pages of defects. Thanks for interfering in our dispute.

Last edited by Duggie Fashion; 20th Jul 2010 at 20:36.