PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NJE calling back pilots?
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2010, 10:35
northern boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NetJets could save a lot of money by firing aircrews and replace them by pilots being on JS.
I wonder why they have not yet come up with this idea.
Make the math how much money they spend kind of useless for people sitting at home. I doubt that they will need their 1000 pilots in the next couple of ye
Hard to know where to start with this. There are no longer 1000 flight crew. quite a few took an early bath, more will doubtless follow as things pick up.

The Euro economies, with the exception of the UK, are starting to look better. I would not like to make concrete predictions about the state of things in 3 and a bit years.

As has been pointed out, the JS program is 4 years. It has been running for between 8 months and 1 year depending on when one started. Thats 25% of the total. Bit early to junk the whole thing.

If you are so certain of your forecasting, please lend your crystal ball/oracle/tealeaves or whatever to me because I am depending on my job to pay the bills. I could secure my future with such an infallible device.

BTW I and my colleagues do not consider ourselves to be useless. I have installed new lights in the lounge and just cut the grass. Bored certainly but hardly useless.

Good wind up I suppose.

burn their union hat and get on with it
Agreed Rusty although there are some trying hard to take us down that road. The same ones who would have seen many of us out the door at the first sign of trouble.