PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Operators that you WON'T be joining??
Old 20th Jul 2010, 09:32
bia botal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well there is an exodus at the moment with a lot of experienced first officers. There heading to the sandpit for the bigger jets and bigger money and even bigger changes in lifestyle.
Not just first officers, captain to are heading off, with direct entry position becoming available with many airlines, add to that as you mentioned experienced FO many at my airline that have just pulled off command upgrade courses for the sandpit and there is going to be a real shortage. The locos have gone for the young low times guys that will work for peanuts and the chance of a early command, they forgot to factor in that they become prime for the picking for the likes of emirates, not to mention that they have 10,000 young women working for them, big draw cards for a bunch of well trained FO's. The only way to stop it is to much the pays. I recently heard my OM had said that the reason why T&C where the way they are is because they can get away with it and that you have to pick your moment, me thinks the tided may well now be turning.