PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which Flight School To Choose From (USA)
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2010, 09:27
a.mandon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am an alien pilot,how can they offer me to work with them?(Which clause or immegration law?).I do not intend to stay in US.I just need to get my CFI & II ratings and build about 800-1000 hrs.Any feedbacks on The Delta Connection academy? Fees is high(around $15k for CFI & II ratings)

Actually after completing your degrees, you are ACTUALLY never able to "work" in the States.
The only possibility you have (after asking immigration) is to have your visa extended (6 months to be renewable for another 6 months) to have the right (I don't remember the exact terms) "to practice in the field related to your studies".

Delta academy is good and very Pro, as well as the Gulfstream Academy in Florida (Airline Career Pilot Program in combination with Gulfstream First Officer Program).

By the way about your remark ("I do not intend to stay in the US"). In case you change your mind ! only 2 tangible possibilities are offered:
  • You stay 2 years with an American girl and then marry her (US immigration is very smart at finding bull..it marriage)
  • You invest at least $ 1 million in the States.

Other waiting list for legal immigrants stands from 2 to 15 years (and if your name is Mohamed, it's longer!).