PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dick Smith's letter to the PM re Tasmania.
Old 20th Jul 2010, 01:35
mjbow2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sue CASA for manslaughter?

Can someone actually point to another country that actually allows self separation for 2 airliners where radar coverage exists? Which country actually allows this? Answer this Class E deniers!

It is stunning that the ATSB has not recommended the proper use of radar and now multilateration. If I were a family member of the Mount Hotham or Benalla victims I would have sued CASA for failure to implement the life saving use of radar which would have clearly prevented both those accident.

It has been on the government agenda for over 10 years and been resisted by incompetent bureaucrats for far too long.

Do we really need to kill 222 people in mid air collision in radar covered airspace to prove the stupidity of the ATSB, CASA and Air Services Australia?

What is so painfully obvious that all you class E deniers fail to see is that the closest we have come to a mid air collision with an airliner and/or a CFIT in recent times have involved IFR, not VFR aircraft in radar covered non controlled airspace.

Orange -IFR/IFR (airliner)
Canberra - IFR/terrain (airliner)
Benalla -IFR/ terrain
Mount Hotham - IFR/terrain
Launceston - IFR/IFR (airliner)

All of these incidents and accidents have happened in uncontrolled radar covered airspace that Australia has refused to upgrade to controlled airspace. Astonishing stupidity.

When CASA kills, yes kills hundreds of people in radar covered class G airspace because you lot refused to employ common sense I just hope I am not your pilot.

I have instructed my family to sue CASA and Airservices should I be involved in a midair collision or CFIT accident in radar covered Class G airspace for failure to implement NAS airspace model which is mandated by the Airspace Act 2007.

You are so concerned about VFR aircraft in clear weather that you fail to see the REAL threat... IFR/IFR-and terrain in bad weather. Remarkable stupidity.

Upgrade to NAS now, before its too late.

MJBOW2
Airline Pilot

Last edited by mjbow2; 20th Jul 2010 at 04:22.