PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow Photos
Thread: Bristow Photos
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2010, 22:12
Katell Nixon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Saint Jack:

I apologize for the delay in responding. work has been quite busy. My Father Yves Le Roi came to Canada in the early sixties and yes, he worked for Bow Helicopters in Calgary, Canada in the sixies and moved over to Okanagan in sixties.

He did however go all over the world especially ASIA such as Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, during the late 60s and 70s working for Okanagan.

He was transferred to Base Manager in 1973 and we lived in Inuvik, North West Territories for 3 years before coming to Vancouver where he started the Engine Shop in 1978.

He was based in Canada that entire time, but did travel there periodically to recruite technicians, mostly in Asia.

He worked till the Early 90s during the Name change to Canadian Helicopters and then left Canadian to work for Bell Helicopters in Amsterdam for a few years before coming back to Canada. He then went and worked in our Prince Edward Island Division in the Mid 90s and came back to Vancouver once again. He then went and worked for Coulson Aircrane on Vancouver Island for a few years to help them set up a repair shop. He came back and did some consulting work for Vector Aerospace in early 2000s before finally retiring.

He is well, lives in Aldergrove, British Columbia with his wife Francoise (yes coincidence the wives both have the same name) and has 5 children and 6 grandchildren which are all visiting right now during this summer

He just turned 75 this year. He is doing well, in good health.

I will let me know about you.

Regards

Katell