PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish ATC
Thread: Spanish ATC
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2010, 22:07
heavy.airbourne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Many pilots here seem to lack overall experience, otherwise they would stop complaining about a highly professional and highly efficient system: Going into PHL from the north, quite normal for European carriers, you will have to reach FL240 160NM out, 16.000 when 100NM. Look for that in Europe!

While cheapo airlines avoid paying 60 Euros for a dispatched flightplan by relying on automated dispatch systems, you do not have a reason to complain: You just get what you asked for. If you want more favourable routes, then go ahead and file proper flight plans. Any direct is a favour provided by professional services; I ask for it, I appreciate it, and I say a heartfelt thank you. ATC is not there to iron out inefficient operations of cheap airline ops. Stop punishing the messengers. All our airlines were the first to ask for the cheapest service possible. Now that we've got it, you are whining like little kids.

Professional pilots are paid for to do their jobs with the equipment and the services their employers are willing to provide, and professional pilots do their best within the environment provided, like the rest of the world, by the way. IMHO, this threat is a place where a bunch of alpha animals show that they are unable coming to terms with the world not turning along their lines. You most probably would fail the psych test at our joint. Grow up!

Many threats here on PPRuNe show that a majority is unhappy with us pilots not being able to get pay rates they think we deserve. Still, you show contempt for those still putting up a fight (this topic), and you view it as your God given right to play the blacklegs where other pilots try to save their collective agreement (e.g. Aerologic thread). You envy others their better terms, and that is the most selfish you can be. Lowly!

Even Maastricht acknowledges overloaded sectors, and you still complain about not getting a direct, which in most cases saves 1-2 miles, that is 10-20 seconds.
I would rather accept delays if traffic can be savely controlled that way than pushing controllers over the brink; had it several times (PMI, LOS, BKK) - ugly! But me thinks many here in this forum think they know it all, can do it all (by themselves), go eat some humble pie - you can tell those guys by flying thru ash clouds w/o reliable data, but high spirits and overconfidence will make another threat. It ain't very professional, though.

Now, go ahead and beat me!

(edited for typos - you find any, keep 'em!)

Last edited by heavy.airbourne; 19th Jul 2010 at 22:47.