PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wrong weight entry … again
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2010, 20:49
ExSp33db1rd

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
unfortunately the 'on-time' management/bonus-driven culture is wide-spread.
On the other hand ....... departing from an Asian location, longhaul night flight to Europe, all ready, no problem. Despatcher advised that the wife of a neighbouring State V.V.I.P. Potentate was missing, presumed in Duty Free, would I log a 10 min. Tech delay ? Nope, crew, and all other pax., were ready to go, if you want a 10 min. Traffic delay, be my guest. Slight wetting of pants from Traffic, and his delay agreed.

10 mins later, repeat performance.

10 mins later I'd had enough, long duty period, other pax to consider, etc. get off, close door pls. Go.

Can't go without Mrs. Potentate. Yes I can. Can't go with Mrs. Potenates bags on board - Yes I can, don't think Mr.or Mrs.Potentate are security risk, my decision ( long prior to 9/11 ) pls. close door as you leave, now, thank you.

More wetting of pants, and then 2 black Mercedes slid under the nose, problem solved.

Yes, culture comes into it, sadly. I'd probably have been sacked, but I was near the end anyway, and equally it would have been a wasted gesture, those sort of people are going to ignore them like us anyway, 'twas always, and always will be, thus.

Might have made me feel good tho' !!! Unfortunately it would only have been a Battle I'd won, not the War.