PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ascent recruiting King Air aircrew
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2010, 20:38
Trim Stab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually, that came from a very experienced ex-CFS waterfront bod now working as a FIC examiner. He confided that the average civil FI's' standards were 'shockingly bad'. I was quite surprised by that, but he assured me that it was true.

I'm also reminded of the experienced ex-BSS pilot who, when doing his 'assessment' trip with some civvy contractor, actually had to take control from the 'assessor' so bad were the assessor's flying standards.

The CFS check for safety in teaching air cadets is nothing like the QFI categorisation scheme.
Yawn.

You can go on and on with these urban legends. I have heard from a source at Flight Safety that the last person to fail the Citation Mustang type rating course was a former RAF Harrier pilot. I have no idea whether it is true or not, but that is what I was told.

I have also heard from friends who are captains on major airlines that they can always recognise copilots who are ex-mil by their inability to cope with heavy r/t workload, and poor airmanship in a congested controlled airspace. Again, just what I have heard, so don't flame me..