PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tempting China contract
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2010, 19:19
ratherbehunting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow. Such vitriol. Reminds me of the union message boards.

I agree - anyone actually over there flying for Spring or any other A320 Capt job I will listen to with great interest, otherwise it seems like sour grapes 2nd or 3rd hand.

The contracts for A320 drivers are getting richer because they are having a hard time attracting qualified pilots with PIC time.

Here is what I know - the contract was originally offered by Aeropersonell out of Quebec - attracting initially some Air Canada guys. Now both parc and Rishworth are on the bandwagon as well. Like all other Chinese screening operations - as many as 60% or higher get flushed out by the medical, the written, or the sim eval - all of which are pretty tough for 40/50 yr old guys who have had it pretty dang easy in the western world.

That said it appears that the contract is real, the pay is real, the fuel bonus is 1500-3000 per month, the 2000 living is real but unlike Deer you gotta submit a receipt, the QAR bonuses are as always phantom, the bonuses you gotta stick to paid for. It is what it is - nothing more and nothing less.

China needs A320 PIC drivers and it appears they are willing to pay far more than most all unionized carriers in North America or Europe are willing to pay.