PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VH-PGW PA-31P-350 15 June 2010 Crash Investigation
Old 19th Jul 2010, 15:23
Reading5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please guys, respect the families and Andrew and Kathy.

I suspect that 'BREEZE 01' may be a member of the media fraternity. If you are not, BREEZE 01, then apologies and understand that this matter is a sensitive issue. There will always be members' of the media who will trawl these forums for a quote.

Also, please remember that as with the CASA/ Airservices accident publications, that this is a learning forum and as such it is appropriate to learn from incidents and accidents in a hope that future accidents are minimised or avoided.

Discussion is healthy. Having said that, though, there is a tendency for people to pass judgement on situations and occurences when we are not in that situation.

I can think of a number of checks, double checks, decisions and radio calls here in the comfort of my lounge room that I 'would have done' in that situation. However, if it were in the heat of a moment, confronted with a genuine engine failure and potential crisis in a light piston twin aircraft with some fog, coupled with operational demands....then who knows how I, or any of us would react.

My genuine heartfelt thoughts go out to the families.