PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to learn about the industry
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2002, 23:00
AMEX

Hi reddo.
I certainly agree with you. Things may not have worked the way I was hoping for but on the way I have managed to get a job working at Check in for 6 months and as Cabin Crew for 9 months.
Frankly I am really glad I did it. I had a great time in both jobs (evening ladies) and learnt things that hopefully will come useful some day on the line.
Having a good a certain degree of understanding about problems faced by ground staffs/Cabin crew shoudl hopefully create a better work relationship with improved efficiency when having to make a final decision.
Dealing with delayed PAX with murderous tendencies, businessmen who want to sue you, the airline and the rest of the universe simply because you asked them kindly to place their cabin bag, temporarily, in the overhead bin for T/O, certainly helped me to polish my people's skills without eroding too much and too quickly my patience.

All very positive experiences and today whenever I deal with airport staffs, I make sure I don't forget where I come from.