PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish ATC
Thread: Spanish ATC
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2010, 13:27
Mister Geezer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps I have missed something, yet would it not be far better if the Spanish decided on strikes instead. The current course of action has little effect on AENA, since the aircraft are still moving in and out of their airports.

Granted, stikes will cause misery but a conclusion to the problem will probably be found sooner rather than later if such a course of action was chosen. It just seems as if the controllers are just 'pussy footing' around at the moment.

If the Spanish strike then it will cause far more disruption when compared to the French going on strike. If the French are on strike then we see use of Tango 9 and going round France to the east to get down to Spain which is a bugger but the flights still generally get to where they need to go to! If no controllers turn up for work in Spain, then nothing will move. It is a rather 'ugly' scenario, yet something needs to happen to get these controllers talking to their superiors and vice versa.

Finally for those who are filing reports on the smallest of issues concerning ATC in Spain, that is all fine and well yet how will your company follow these up? By all means, call me a pessimist yet I can not help but feel that such comments will fall on deaf ears... that is providing your company has contacts in AENA etc for following such issues up.