PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Living cost's in the US
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2002, 22:41
AMEX

Yeah Gingslinger I am with you. Can't believe I used to be able to get pi88ed on Mill8r and Bud.
Tried it again years later and it felt like drinking water only it didn't taste as good.
(In total fairness though I had a brilliant time).

In those days though, I managed to buy a 50 hours block on a C310 for $90 dry, about $130 wet. A fantastic bargain which took me from the middle of Florida via the Keys to Vegas and back. To make the trip even cheaper, like snails do I carried my temporary residence all along the journey. I mean the, then girlfriend and I spent 2 and half weeks sleeping in a 310. (Wasn't quite the mile high but hey, it had to be done !!!)
To get the food and do some visiting whilst on the ground, we made best use of (free) courtesy cars usually available. More than once when the FBO cars weren't available, we got one lent by locals who took great pride in making our visit, a most memorable one, thanks to their desinterested generosity.
Great trip, great memories...

Call me cheap but early 90s there was also a bargain at McDs where you could pick up a Big Mac for 99c.

In 98 I spent a week in Atlanta and remember buy petrol for the car 88c a gallon (Rental car so I probably chose the cheapest grade there was).

Things have changed though