PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Islands??
Thread: The Islands??
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2010, 08:32
The_Pharoah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey mate

yep, what braviator said - PacSun are pro local however they do have quite a few expat crews esp for the ATR. From what I understand, if you're a local, entry requirements are a CPL + MECIR. I saw somewhere that D/E reqs for expats was around 3000 hrs with 1000 PIC or something so you might be outta luck with your TT. Plus, PacSun ain't doing very well at the moment - they did advertise for Twotter F/O's a few months ago but, with all thats happening with Air Pac ie. re losses, they will probably have a recruiting freeze for the immediate future.

However, even though Air Fiji went bust, there are two fledgling dom airlines starting up - 1. Nothern Air - I understand this is an airline flying out of Labasa which is owned by a current (or maybe ex) Air Pac Capt; and 2. Sunflower airlines (yes the airlines that was sold to Air Pac which is what Pac Sun is based on) - they are starting some charter work with 2 BN2's and some Cessnas.

The starting salary as F/O at PacSun is around $8k FJD....yes thats $8k. however if you do get in there...you're straight onto twins. Usual progression is approx 800 hrs on the Islander before bumping up to Twotter F/O for about 1000 hrs, then back to the Islander for command training and back to the Twotter then an option to go on the ATR. ROSO is about 2 years. There are still a few ex-Air Fiji pilots without jobs, however a lot of the Fiji pilots usually get jobs quite quickly at PacBlue or VB, or go straight to Air Pac given the twin time.

The above is what I've gleaned from this here forums and from my own contacts and may not be 100% accurate.

Good luck.

Pharoah

ps. I'm in Samoa at the moment and there's a Twotter flying out of here regularly for Polynesian Airlines - maybe you could try there.