PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atr 42-500 No Go Items
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2010, 02:03
pilotsaab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Atr 42-500 No Go Items

after going through the fcom1 and fcom2 and consulting even senior copilots ive hit rockbottom ,,,can anyone please tell me WAT ARE THE NO GO ITEMS for this plane!!! please dont say engine failure before v1..

And yes,somebody asked me this question abt the atrz hotstart,, - 1.What is hot start ?

2- During hot start why does the ITT first drop and then rise?

heres' my answer ,,please shed some light,,hot start is when ure operating in high temperatures and ure itt is beyond 200,,so u wanna start the engine but dont want the itt to burst 900degress,,which calls for the memory item,,so wat u do is u turn off the bleeds and let the engine cool down first when starting the engine coz of more air hitting the internal part of the engines and its not being bled,,and then ofcourse the fuel cooled oil cooler,,which when u start the engine the itt drops right??this is wat i get ,,the cool fuel introduced cools down the engine oil which transfers the heat to the fuel,,this lowers the itt so that when temp is 160 u can start ,,after starting engine u wait for the itt to drop,,,