PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 18th Jul 2010, 21:58
Colonel White

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote:
Hence my analogy between the Savoy and McDonalds. Whilst we offer a premium service the set up and delivery are still far more McDonalds than Savoy.
Er, not quite.

Having had the enormous pleasure of flying Club World recently, may I ask that you could direct me to the McDonalds you speak of? (that'll be the one that offers service with a genuine smile, is relaxed and unhurried, offers excellent champagne, wines and port and food that is palatable)
I think the analogy is reasonable. Whilst I don't dispute the standard of catering on board in CW is good, it has to be remembered that the meals are pre-prepared off site by Gate Gourmet. The wine selection is made by some top notch sommeliers and loaded on board. Crew are charged with ensuring that the meals are then heated to the correct temperature for the correct duration - about as hard as operatng a microwave (no offence meant). Wines are handed in mini bottles in CW (can't vouch for first as I've not had the pleasure). The outcome is a consistent quality in the product offering with the only variable being the level of service and that depends on the crew. Stack this against the standard fast food outlet that churns out a consistent product in volume day after day. The Big Mac you enjoy in Staines is the same as the one you have in Sydney. The differentiator between any two outlets is more about the service than anything else.