PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysia Airline Grasping for Survival
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2002, 20:55
charterguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing will ever change at MAS unless management staff are selected for their expertise rather than just the fact that they are Malays (Bumiputras). Whenever I hear duff titles like Datu and Tan Sri, it makes me want to puke. There are a lot of very capable Chinese and Indians living in Malaysia. But because they are only 'Malaysians' as opposed to 'Malays', they won't get a look-in at the top jobs. Malays spend far too much time on the golf course and have not learned to lead by example. And as far as Dr (?) M. (another Malay) is concerned, they don't call him Mister 10% for nothing. Don't get me wrong, I have flown on MAS many times, its a nice service and the Chicken Satay is great. I even managed to fly First Class once, when there were seats available !! Usually, First Class seats are blocked for government officials, airline management and their well connected friends. Well, we wouldn't want Chinese or Indians to book the best seats in the house now, would we ? If any of you Malays are reading this, wake up. Many of you guys are more racist towards your fellow citizens that Hitler was towards the Jews, and its time for a change. Let the Chinese run MAS, they know how to make money.