PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Goldtrail Holidays in Administration
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2010, 14:11
McAero

I've been lucky.

Arrived at Bodrum Airport in Turkey at 2.45am on Saturday morning (local time). Check in for our 5.45am Turkuaz flight back to Glasgow was due to open at 3am. We queued until 3.45am before check-in finally opened. Got through to the extremely expensive departure area. A 2 hour delay was on the board at 5.45am. News started to drip feed through from the UK that Turkuaz were bust. Got a text from home saying it was Goldtrail that were bust, so I called lowcostholidays (an agent on behalf of GT, who we booked through) who told us to call the CAA. I did this and were told to sit tight and our flight would be going to Glasgow. The flight from Glasgow finally arrived in Turkey (empty) and we departed at 10.45am.

We were hearing reports at the airport that some people were forced to pay for their accomodation before leaving as the hotels were not receiving money from GT.

I have never been so happy to get back home after a holiday.

On a positive note, I booked our holiday about a month ago. Yes, it was cheap and the flight was changed from Onur Air to Turkuaz just a few days before our departure but flight times were relatively similar. Flights were pretty crap, but I did do a lot of research and read a lot of reviews into the hotels on offer before committing. Our hotel was only 2* but definitely worth it for a week in the sun. Clean, central and friendly. Can't ask for much more!

The question is, will Onur Air and Turkuaz now follow GT into administration given that they will rely heavily on the business from GT?

Mc