PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Improving job market Europe?
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2010, 13:49
break_break

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder why the hostility towards A320rider when he actually beat many of us to posting what seems to be the obvious truth ===> The job market will NEVER be fantastic for the masses. Try reading and verifying his post carefully, he might have just saved some newbies from throwing away couple of hundreds Gs for nothing.
Don't get me wrong, the aviation job market will ALWAYS be great for the fortunate few, who managed to squeeze into the strong flag carriers of their respective countries. I understand how hard it is for aspiring chaps to hang in there and willing to do whatever it takes to get their ratings and find their way through, the numbers are way too compelling for any bean counters in ANY majors to soften their stand of paying "just about right" salary to all. And by the way, I seriously doubt A320rider has included the excess pilots from India in his computation. Perhaps you might wanna increase 10% to what you read there.
Please wake up, I have been in the industry for just couple of decades but I can tell you that I have heard this "improving sentiment" for the last 20years and it never really has. Those of you who are lucky to get a proper sponsored position in any major, good on you. For the rest, it's definitely your right to pursue your dream by taking huge mortgages but be rest assured that the odds of making it there is NOT as high as your training school advertisement is trying to convince you.
Alright there, I'm sure shots will be fired soon. Just couldn't resist it any more and best of luck for all the hopefuls out there.