PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Sydney Engineers
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2010, 11:07
Tom Sawyer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Besides the EK guys, who are these 'available' A380/GP7000 LAME's your are talking about? There are none in Australia, so maybe a few of the EK boys can get a position with the new maint provider.

Thats the point. There would be more available if the new maint provider paid a wage more measurable to the local industry norm and tried to attract in local engineers rather than having to import them on short term visas. I didn't see jobs advertised so they obvioulsy went straight to SIN for the manpower.

The 'other' maint provider I think you are talking about were the first ever A380 maintenance outstation, and the boys there been have working/certing the A380 since 2007, and have a impressive dispatch record, better than QF apparently.

I wasn't particularly refering to A380s. I just know of an AOG situation that was not dealt with very well for an airline that are now not very happy with the maint provider. In fact the airline used a contact and managed to use some manpower from another airline to clear up the AOG as the contracted company were less than helpful.

Overall, not good for the EK guys or any locals looking to move onwards.