PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IREX help
Thread: IREX help
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2010, 06:24
Marauder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zapp said

"Not area QNH, but forecast area QNH. When centre says "ABC, area QNH 1013", this isn't forecast area QNH, it's actual area QNH."

Not Correct IMHFO, but this is a rumour and advise forum, so no knocking is intended, and my reply has the same caveats if anyone chooses to disagree.

I think that it is`fantastic that a`question can be asked an various answers and opinions appear. Look at the Norfolk fuel thread, some of the respondents have been around since Pontious the Pilot soloed in the Kitty Hawk and they still don't agree, it simply points out the ambiguity and deficiency in some of the rules regs etc

Area QNH is a forecast and covers a 3 hour period, it may be amended from time to time, but still is a forecast and should be accurate to with 5 hpa of a reporting station within the area also a forecast TAF in that area, hence sometimes an amendment. Because of localised variations sometimes the 5 hpa can not be maintained an then the area will be split. i.e Area 50 N of PLC-BOR 1023 S 1017. In particular in the Top End when tropical lows are present quite a multiple split is published.