PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates vs. Air Canada
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2010, 05:52
lowstandard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We all call our CP a CSer (Schwanzblasen) on pprune, saves a drive to HQ.

I cant defend EK on alot of things but we get paid the same if we are above average or average and its substantially more than those numbers.

If you think you subsidize us by being an oil consumer, ride your bike to work. EK subsidizes Dubai. My wage is not subsidized by you unless your a customer (thanks if you are), its subsidized by 442 pax crammed into a 777 300ER going back and forth to MNL 2X a day. Same for LOS, ADD, JNB CPT, BKK, BHX etc. The flights are full and they aint cheap.

Competition between airlines from different countries will always be unbalanced. I am sure AC spends more on de-icing in one day than EK does in a year.

Expats sacrafice by going away from home to work and there has to be a benefit, be it for better pay and tax reasons. I dont know anyone who would be stupid enough to renounce their citizenship. When I return, I will pay my share again and use the infrastructure accordingly. I sure as hell have paid more than my share before I left. I pay cash in Canada now for any services. I dont have kids, so why should I pay taxes for schools in Canada?

Again, not defending alot of things EK/UAE do. Including their BS threats but some of your arguments are wrong.