PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates vs. Air Canada
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2010, 00:45
pcm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good wages? Just over 100,000 for the average captain and 60,000 for the average first officer to fly 777's, 380's and 340's? Those wages are horrible, less then half of Air Canada's and almost on par with Jazz.

Oh ya, I forgot you don't pay tax. And why is that? We (oil consumers) are subsidizing you. I've been writing my MP for some time on how I think its unfair Expats are leaving, not paying tax in Canada then coming back. If you want the infrastructure when you return you should be paying for it now. Either that or force the Expats to hand in their passports and citizenship. How many of you would leave Canada if you had to give up your citizenship? Speaking of a slippery slope.

Next point, the airlines in Canada have to compete against you..and your wages are being subsidized by us. I can't see one reason to let any airline from your region come to this Country unless its on an even playing field. Ek wants more flights, how about starting a domestic program? How full would those planes be? There is nothing reciprical about your mirage.

For the person who made fun of taxes and unions in Canada. Two questions for you. Who did you vote for last election in the UAE? Could you walk into your CP's office and call them a C.S. without getting fired?