PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2010, 21:50
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and more easyJet cancellations

After last weekend when 5 rotations were cancelled on Saturday, 3 on Sunday and 2 on Monday (and at least one each day this week) we have 3 rotations cancelled this evening - Palma, Alicante and Faro.

Does anyone know the reason this time? I note that 7 easyJet flights into BRS this evening have had or are showing delays ranging from about 90 minutes to nearly three hours. Is there a knock-on effect leading to tonight's cancellations or is it mainly due to the reported crewing shortages the airline is experiencing at a number of airports?

I've used this airline regularly from Bristol since they took over Go (used them too) and have always told people how it is a decent way of flying from Bristol even though I was caught four times with the crewing problems in the summer of 2006. At least then we were told a couple of weeks in advance that the flights would be cancelled giving time to make alternative arrangements.

I will find it very hard to recommend them to anyone at the present time.

Apart from the inconvenienced passengers and the airline staff who can't be happy with the situation caused by their senior management's inability to manage its crewing, the image of Bristol Airport is being done no favours as most passengers will link the airport with the airline's failures.