PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracing back a WWII RAF pilot
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2010, 20:25
Diamond T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am researching Lost Cousins & Personnel from School

Dear Experts. As the title says I am trying to research several RAF pilots, namely the following.

Flight Sergent. Raymond Algernon Reeves Smith. S/N 1335530. 166 Squadron. Kirmington. Shot down 15.02.1944. Would like a photo of him & his crew if possible, I know quite a lot about Raymond, but any info would be gratefully recieved.

Flt Lt Gerald Norman Edgar Yeates. DFC & Bar. Flew Mosquito's in Coastal Command. killed in 1947 in a flying accident co pilot was a South African Fighter Ace Major Kenneth Weeks Driver DFC. Accident was near Wooton Under Edge. Any info on Gerald Yeates would be very helpful. (Mother in Laws Cousin).

Charles Soden. (we know absolutley nothing about this chap, except that he had been engaged to my late Aunt).

Kevin P Nash. This airman left the RAF after the war and entered the Priesthood, becoming a Dominican Monk, who taught at Blackfriars School, Laxton, Corby, Northants. sometime after 1960 (when I left) he went to a Cambridge University, where he met a lady, he subsequently left the priesthood and later married the lady in question, they went onto produce two daughters, I am researching this chap on behalf of the old boys from school. Kevin Nash was a Spitfire Pilot. His Ordination name was Fr Hugh.Sadly Fr Hugh has passed away.

We now change sex, as I am also helping research the RAF life of Ms Marianne Catterall, who was better known as LIZ, she was a Senior WRAF Officer in the Repatriation of POW's at RAF WING. She was also a friend of Kevin Nash, and after the war was matron at two schools, both of which I attended, 1st one Penryn School, Winterfold House. Chaddesley Corbett, Nr Kidderminster. Worcs, she then moved to Blackfriars School (address above). If any one knows anything about any of these persons, I would be very grateful for any info, how ever small. Sadly Ms Marianne Catterall has passed away

If any information is available please can you email me on [email protected] when I can thank the sender personnally.

Diamond T