PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF
Thread: CARDIFF
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2010, 16:06
jetstream7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheeseman,

I'd agree with some of what you say, but...

Food... at horrific prices
Not that I'm endorsing what's provided but it's no worse than what is provided at other airports

Security staff - undoubtedly the rudest I've encountered, and take pleasure in confiscating all manner of things regardless of whether they are on the Dept for Transport list of proscribed items or not
Having used the aiport dozens of times across the past year I'd disagree. If anything I'd say they were the opposite. Not rude at all and some of the most polite and pleasant I have come across

Security - incidentally, what's the point of confiscating a knitting needle, and then making metal knives and forks freely available in the bar after airside?
Would this not be what the law allows? Hardly the fault of security or the airport management if they do what they are asked too, but there are no restrictions once past them?

Road access - the whole place is just a maze of bollards and concrete obstructions now. Nobody seems clear where to go, including the bus drivers. It's a total mess.
Just deal with it. It's not that complicated.

What really is missing is that there is no sense of the identity of Wales at the airport - it should be shouting out what a great place Wales is.
In reality you could be almost anywhere.

Unfortunately Cardiff has long been overtaken by Bristol and the likelihood of it ever making up much, if any of the ground is long gone.

A story of missed opportunities maybe - what if Go had chosen Cardiff over Bristol all those years ago?
Maybe poor decision making - what if Ryanair hadn't been shown the door? where would their UK South West base be now - Cardiff not Bristol?

And of course the whole economic situation does not help either.