PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Sydney Engineers
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2010, 12:02
Tom Sawyer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
The company (in the loosest term of the word) that have acquired the EK contract have been bringing in A380 qualified engineers from SIN for a couple of months now as obviously this has been negotiated for a while and they have had time to prep. It all fits in with hindsight, and not sure how they get around this given there are A380 qualified engineers available in Aus. So, not good news for the EK guys who are all top blokes and now unlikeley to get in with the other mob, even if they really wanted to.
Overall, I think (and hope) that this will fall flat on it's face in a short time and be a lesson to the other airlines round here that things aren't always cheaper in the long run. I hear a lot of stuff from good, reliable sources about the other company and some it's staff, and none of it is good. I know of one airline that has gone to them this year, and learnt the hard way that they are not as good or cheap as they look on paper and are already looking to get a real airline involved again on the maintenance side.
As for the TG contract, I do know who they are talking to, I know who else has been approached, but can't take it on, and one they maybe should have been in touch with.