PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aussie MRH-90
Thread: Aussie MRH-90
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2010, 08:50
emergov

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not a spin doctor. I have no responsibility to anyone to 'spin'.

I just happen to actually be in the capability, and I will tell you all what I think.

I have not ever stated that we are kicking great goals with ARH and MRH90.

It's been a long hard road, and there is a long way to go. I also didn't say everyone is getting 300 hours each. What I will say is that 150 hours in Afghanistan, or 250 in Timor is worth 400 hours transiting between Darwin and somewhere useful, or Townsville to Shoalwater Bay.

The people we send overseas are indeed well trained and ready for their operational mission. ARH pilots aren't going anywhere soon. When it's time to deploy and they haven't managed to get sufficient night flying, then my comment will be wrong. until then, my comment stands. We have simulators and part task trainers, and as ARH Tiger said, the product from the school is still first rate.

I don't see the hand wringing and anguish. I just see a bunch of keen, smart pilots, aircrewmen and maintainers going about their job and doing great things. The frustrations with Tiger and MRH90 are well known and briefed to the highest levels. The legacy aircraft are flying and operating very well thanks.

Hydraulic Palm Tree, you need to reply to my personal message with your concerns about pre-deployment training. Doing an HDA course in Timor with a QFI is not the end of the world, and the capability runs Mission Rehearsal Exercises and certification before every Timor and AFG deployment specifically to ensure everyone is ready to go.