PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China ATC issues
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2010, 02:23
watchyourairspeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The white elephant

Don't know too much about the CAAC but I want to believe the chinese ATC officers are competent, qualified and professional. But there are a some issues that have to be adressed ... and WTF looks like everyone is scratching their heads with a oblivious face of dispair. - Does anyone care !

The lack of coordination or cross-talking bettween ATC areas is one of the matters. For instance, in a flight from VHHH to ZBAA and while in cruise, controller will instruct you to fly a NW heading due to traffic activity for unditermined time. Humnnnn

Other times exist, they will ask you to slow down for MN.75, and as soon as you are handed over to the other station, contoller will ask you accelerate. Humnnnnnnnnn

Other times exist, controller will ask you to descent well in advance (30NM prior TOD) with a ROD of 3000'ft/minute. We can allways switch ON the after-burners and descend faster. Humnnnnnnn

Majority of the times you can load the FMGC and brief the approach (STAR and RWY) that you are ONLY expecting, I believe that it will all change (around 15.000'ft) when the next controller assigns you with a different landing Rwy, new altitude to descend to, and heading to fly to and intercept the LOC. Humnnnn

ZBAA is a very nice airport. With 3 operating rwy's all ILS equipped. Yet, majority of the times you can average a 20 to 55 minutes time delay from the moment you start taxiing and lign up in the departing rwy. Humnn

I guess the rapid growth of PRC's economy (cargo and passenger transport) didn't accompany the reform of the chinese ATC airspace.

"-Does it have anything to do with lost of face ?"

WYA