PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Improving job market Europe?
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2010, 12:35
Denti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yup, the job market is slowly recovering from the beginning of this year allready. I'm more familiar with the german job market as i fly there, but we've seen air berlin taking on around 120 new FOs, most of them without rating and hours plus 20 short time FOs on loan from Lufthansa who will return to LH before their contract is up, yet the company is still around 10% short on all positions, which would indicate another required 200 to 300 newjoiners if the economic situation improves, AB pilots will be called to ballot for industrial action about working conditions now as personnel is stretched beyond its limit. Germanwings was hiring for a short while, condor is starting to hire both positions again, LH cargo took on some ready entry pilots that passed the entry tests before the crisis hit, fly niki is hiring both captains and FOs, though on a low rate at present. Cityling was hiring, but i do not know if they continue to do so with the new Lufthansa deal.

Add to that Emirates doing road shows and calling plus emailing all that ever tried to get hired by them, cargolux hiring (low numbers, but still) etc. It is not a boom by far, but things are improving.