PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VH-PGW PA-31P-350 15 June 2010 Crash Investigation
Old 16th Jul 2010, 11:19
remoak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lol... hmmm not sure if I should be pleased or offended...

It's not willy-waving, it's just that once you have experienced "the other side" you see things from a different perspective. I'm sorry if my posts seem arrogant or self-serving, believe me that is not the intent, it is just that every time I see one of these accidents, I get very angry at the unnecessary loss of life, and a system that allows the lower end of GA to muddle along with poor equipment, poor training, and inadequate regulatory support.

I also think that most light twins should be banned from any form of RPT, they are just too marginal to be considered safe in today's environment. Why we allow '60s technology to be used for passenger air transport is beyond me. It just needs a government with the balls to take action, and a major shakeup in the industry to remove the dodgy players. Finally, it needs an acceptance from the public that if you want a safe GA environment, it comes with a price tag, and that means realistic fares and charges.

And more money spent on training... there is no excuse at all for not training GA pilots in simulators, even generic ones. Some of the new generation of GA sims are really excellent.