PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VH-PGW PA-31P-350 15 June 2010 Crash Investigation
Old 16th Jul 2010, 01:06
morno

Received 318 Likes on 118 Posts
RatSore,
I don't think the NSW Government is bleeding with financial stress (correct me if I'm wrong, been a few years since I lived there). And it's more the WAY they are funding the aeromed side of NSW Health which is causing these transfers to happen in the way they are.

I am open to correction, but I have a family member involved in the scene, so I believe my info is quite correct.

When a patient requires transfer by air, the cost of the transfer is taken out of the budget of the health district where the patient is being taken from. So, as has been said, why do it the expensive way of RFDS'ing (Air Ambulance) the patient out, when a cheaper means of some charter company arriving in a Baron or a Chieftain for example, can be sourced?

As far as I know, this is the ONLY state where this occurs! What an absolute disgrace.

This is not the fault of the patient, it's not the fault of the nurses at the local hospitals, it's not the fault of the managers of the health districts, it is the fault of the bosses of NSW Health!

404 Titan,
Yes, that's probably the better way of wording it. Less Experienced, as opposed to Inexperienced.

morno