PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OFFICER and AIRCREW 'CANDIDATES' PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 15th Jul 2010, 19:47
NDW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Decision finally made!!!

Evening All

I've finally made my decision to go forth with applying to the RAF as a WSOp, I have a brief chat on Wednesday coming and have asked for an Application Form to there ready and waiting for me.

Spoken to the parents about how they feel about me joining up and they are more than happy with my decision (well they feel more comfortable about me joining the RAF than the Royal Marines like my older brother.

I have spent many hours searching up and down this forum regarding WSOp and Interviews and Applications etc, and finally I'm going for it.

I may not have the best educational qualifications by any means, but I feel that I have the ability to work as a great team-member but also individually and produce fantastic results, and if given the oppurtunity to go to OASC, I shall prove that!!! (Sounds abit like a quotation from a C.V.)

My bosses from my work (My local flying school) are more than happy to give a reference for me, along with an old High School teacher (Who is infact ex-RAF).

My fitness has dramatically improved (in my eyes) and my inner confidence and self discipline has most deffinately improved also.

I'm going to hopefully make a good impression on my chat on Wednesday, and I know that its only a chat, but first impressions do count.

So fingers crossed that this time next week I will have the application form and finally be taking that step towards the greatest career in my life.

I would also like to thank everyone that I have nagged and most probably annoyed with question upon question on this forum, but hand on heart many thanks for all your help and advice, and I hope that in the near future I will be able to help spread some advice to future wannabe's.

Nathan (NDW)