PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways Update - August 2002
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2002, 12:45
MTQatar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for the update A300Man,

Any info on where A7-AFB will come from? The freighter is c/n 614 and it has already been purchased. I didn't check from where it was bought but it is most probably from Korean or aquired from AWAS.

European routes are now operating at an almost full capacity.
You are right, but the first couple of weeks of the summer were still dissapointing although this was more than made up from the strong bookings after that especially in the cabins up front which performed better than last year. The real surprise though was Milan which I exptected be a flop especially since GF's load factors on the A320 averaged at around 20% but QR did reasonably well and the flight left full ex-MXP on a few occasions. I guess when the Augusta Plant opens in Doha the flight would get a boost.

Some more news I'd like to add:

- QR is looking to fly daily to MUC and FRA and 2 daily to LHR.
- CDG is scheduled for an increase of flights to around 4x weekly and the route has been a strong performer with good yeilds this summer.
- 4 weekly flights to MAN will commence on the 4th Quarter this year.
- BKK to be upgraded to daily service in a few weeks time.
- MNL to be upgraded to 5x weekly service too.
- Qatar Airways are also seriously considering a few more freighters to operate a network connecting Asia, the Levant and Europe and will do so with a partner. This is mainly due to the belly's of the Pax aircraft being maxed out.
- COK and HYD to commence in Mar 2003 and Sep 2002 respectivly but might be delayed due to shortage of equipment.
- QR firmed up an option for an additional A319CJ to commence scheduled premium services in the future.
- Two options were firmed up on existing orders and one more option taken out.
- There are rumours that a Qatar Airways A300 had an Emergency landing on a flight from Asia, I will try to confirm that next week.

giza
What do they use the 319ACJ for, is it really just an Amiri Flight A/C in disguise.
Currently it is wetleased to the government but it also busy doing VIP charter work. The second A319CJ would also be used on Scheduled services.

-MTQatar