PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eyesight...
Thread: Eyesight...
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2001, 21:06
Pielander

Borg

I don't want to make any rash decisions on your behalf, so I would suggest that you look at another couple of threads that have been running recenyly. One of them is entitled "How old are you". I have a feeling there are a lot of people in your situation, and the general concensus seems to be that it's fine to start in your early 30's, especially if you have the means to do a full modular JAA course with all the trimmings. If you could afford a type rating, even better, because if you go to the airlines fully qualified, then they don't have to worry about paying back their investment in you. The very worst case scenario, as far as I can see, is that you could end up instructing PPL students. Certainly don't give up though. First job is to get a class 1 medical though. I'd do that ASAP, like by booking it on Tuesday AM.

If you started a new thread along the lines of "32 - Too old to start ATPL?" then I think you would probably get all the answers you needed. (I'm not really the best person to ask, cos I haven't been there yet).

Pie