PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cars aren't necessary in Germany...
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2010, 06:44
Whenurhappy

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
BBSirdar

BBSirdar - Casework was submitted to SPVA to approve movement by road after I exhausted my options with my current support unit and the unit that will support me from Germany; this was not approved. Fltights for family and I will suck up going by road. There are further problems with claim the full amount of Disturbance Allowance etc etc.

I have estimated it will cost us GBP 4000 to move to an ISODET in Germany and won't have the 'benefits' of living on a Garrison or Base. Although we are looking forward to living there, the adminstration associated with the move is disjointed, disfunctional and in many cases irrelevant, placing a huge amount of stress on the family.

Why does it have to be so tortuous? I have served accompanied abroad before and in spite of moving from a Middle East location to Europe, I don't recall the admin being so appalling (apart from the usual 'Sorry Mrs WP, your husband will need to sign this.' 'But he's in the Middle East...' Additionally, every day there seems to be another piece of paper emerging requesting 'authority to...' keep pets, operate a motor vehicle, send children to local schools...' There is no one comprehensive guide and various 'Living in Germany' documents are either out of date or helpfully list military numbers (I am not on a military establishment and don't have access to JPA). And I can't take my sword. Who won the bl**dy war?

I can now understand why people turn down overseas posts!