PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Payday at Arik Air
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2010, 01:59
exeng
Mistrust in Management

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can we keep the thread on track please? Airbus; Boeing; bribes whatever

Still not been paid despite assurances that the cash would 'start flowing' on the 7th. I do like the word 'flowing' as used by the 'Doctor'.

As I understand it the cash is either in my acount or it isn't - I've never seen it 'flow' dollar by dollar.

Rang head office in London today and spoke to a lady who says she hasn't been paid either. Much commiserations between us etc etc and the lady stated that she fully expects us all to be paid by the end of the working week - she did add however that she wasn't 100% sure and so please don't hold her responsible if there is no money in the bank.

A friend of mine still down in Lagos (I'm on leave) has told me that he has been suspended for a week (suspended without pay!) because he is refusing to fly until he has been paid. (you can't make this sort of thing up) I'll not be flying on my return unless the pay is in the bank on the 5th and I hope others follow suit.

The folks I really feely sorry for are the local Nigeria ground staff - appallingly low pay and they have to wait as well - the poor buggers have nothing to fall back on.

Still we can all look on Johnsons brand new global express and thank the fellow who drove a vehicle into the radome.

Kind regards
Exeng