PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2010, 21:00
LD12986

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the meantime, I need to go and research this Iberia merger in more detail. I don't know enough about it but from the little I do know and looking through the report of the AGM, it scares me more than anything we have been through so far. When will BASSA realise that by not seeing the wood for the trees, they are merely hastening along the end of British Airways
I don't think you have too much to worry about the Iberia merger. But yes, BASSA should be briefing its members on what is the one of the most significant deals in the history of the airline.

In order to keep their respective rights to routes, the two will remain as separately operated and managed businesses. As they already co-operate on routes to Spain, I can't see much in terms of switching routes and crews between the two airlines.

Overall it is a positive move for the business to help it grow and be profitable. As is anti-trust immunity for AA, BA and Iberia on transatlantic routes.

There will be a lot more codeshares, but this will be so each airline has the marketing clout/profile of the other to help drive traffic into each other's networks.

I would think the first target will savings by sharing "back-office" functions such as IT, procurement etc.