PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA Part FCL
Thread: EASA Part FCL
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2010, 20:43
Vortex Thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

AEIO540
I cannot see what CAS busts have to do with the pilot's instructor having sat the 11 or so (14 in most cases; CPL/IR) CPL exams.

One look at the pilot age demographics (look in the back of FTN) and putting this together with the fact that the vast majority of new PPLs chuck in flying within a year or two, makes it obvious that the vast majority of PPLs have not been near an instructor for years if not decades - except for the 2-yearly flight on which you will get a signoff so long as the instructor did not perish on the flight.
The point I was making re CAS incursions was that CPL/ATPL pilot thinks in a different way than a PPL pilot regardless of the experience of either. i.e a low hour CPL FI 200hrs TT is a professional pilot and having demonstrated to the authority that they are such a professional they have no excuse for doing and therefore likely teaching the student anything other than that same standard. Where as even a 3000hr PPL is still a PPL.

Whopity I agree that some of the rules were made by very knowledgeable people and also that some of the rules were/are very good but many need change. I agree with you and BEagle re the fact that the CPL exam question bank needs a big change.

I also think that GPS are a marvellous invention and will soon be so standard in every single vehicle air or other that exists that that the legislation will have to change to reflect this. I mean do we teach use of sextant for night flying even at ATPL level this is gone now.

However re IO540s comment I do not agree that CAS incursions are anything other than poor instruction and weak technique. The source of this weak technique sorry I would argue is that the instructors are not subject to sufficient standardization and professional standards, they are not united enough as a profession should be because they are not all professional pilots............