PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 14th Jul 2010, 19:53
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't you just love BASSA. I can honestly say I can sympathise with any manager who has to negotiate with BASSA as their particular spin on events defies logic.

The arbitrary and unfair dismissal of our Branch Secretary
You mean the arbitary and unfair manner in which the Branch Secretary did not turn up for rostered work? A mistake that was also pointed out, very quickly, by the industrial tribunal that threw his case out.

Disciplinary proceedings to be continued against other members of the Branch Committee
Some for fighting in the car park. Hardly the act of professionals. Also for the disemination of confidential information and for threatening other members of the company?

Imposition of future changes to your agreements without negotiation
In the same way that Unite couldn't be bothered to poll a vote from the Cabin Crew over the changes to the pension they just implemented and imposed them.

Accepting inferior disciplinary, grievance and attendance management procedures
These procedures haven't changed since Unite/BASSA agreed to them.

Continued and sustained bullying and harassment by the company
Has there ever actually been any proof of this? Don't say ST as that is a seperate issue. In all honesty the only bullying I have seen has been from the 'xxxxx' bunch, I will tolerate non of it in either direction.

No say to which routes are transferred to Mixed fleet
BASSA were offered a say in the implementation of new fleet or indeed if it were to be needed 18 months ago. They refused to discuss it as their primary aim was 'reduction of the need of redundancies'.

Removal of our ability to take part in any future , lawful industrial action without punitive financial sanctions
By this I assume that BASSA mean the inability to throw out the threat of IA without actually backing it up with a legal reason for the damage to the company? How odd that they might end up with the court costs when their 'ideas' turn out to be flights of fancy.

Our CEO is on record in the press that he wants the "freedom" to make future cost savings without the threat of further industrial action is. without any negotiation with the union . Make no mistake , things will never be "normal" again !
Is there only ONE Union in BA now? Did I really miss the fact that all other Unions managed to achieve accord with the company through negotiation? Of course I didn't, but then BASSA is BA.

THIS MAN IS NO ONE'S FRIEND ! , other groups of staff who have undermined our action will realise this when it is too late and strikebreakers must take responsibility for prolonging the dispute.
BASSA are right and the rest of us are all wrong, the rest of the Unions who have adapted slowly over the years to the vast changes within the airline industry and therefore didn't require the sweeping overhead cuts that IFcE has consistently refused to acknowledge. BASSA play on the fears of the future and demand guarantees in a world where there are no guarantees. But, if anyone who can see the wood for the trees tries to protect their jobs then they are wrong and they will learn the pain when Auntie BASSA is gone! Lucky Heather anyone?

In short , acceptance of the "offer" will be selling our negotiating ability and mortgaging our future
Ability? ability? do they even know what that word means?