PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 14th Jul 2010, 10:44
Sporran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slidebustle,

I understand some of your worries and I do feel a huge amount of sympathy for the 'moderate' cabin crew members who so many of us feel have been totally let down by the bassa reps complete intransigence.

I think that your worries regarding redeployment are unfounded. Redeployment is only used if your job disappears - that is your job as a member of the cabin crew community. I am pretty certain that any suggestion of moving cabin crew from legacy fleets to mixed fleet is NOT part of redeployment.

If the cabin crew once again vote to reject the latest offer I think it will be the end for them. WW and management have been incredibily patient throughout this whole sorry affair. Sending individuals the latest offer and giving them an opportunity to sign as an individual is a very clever move - and I am certain that there will be a huge take-up of that offer.

If bassa vote for more IA - I would hope that WW will still give those who wish the opportunity to accept the offer as an individual that last chance to sign.

For the strikers I hope that WW issues them 90 days notice of a change of contract onto mixed fleet conditions - take it or leave it!!

The strikers account for less than 10% of the employees of BA. It is therefore time that WW finally sorted out those people ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!!