PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2010, 10:25
ChicoG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One outsider said:

If people have a problem with the product they have purchased they should take it up with the company via the relevant department. Their business is with the company not individuals or groups of employees.
But this is a discussion forum, not BA's complaint help line.

The subject matter is Pax and SLF's thoughts and questions on the BA Strike. If you don't like certain people's thoughts or questions, you can skip them and move on.

But I'm afraid if a pattern emerges of a certain group of cabin crew working, say, during a certain time, exhibiting a cheerful and happy demeanor, that means cheerful and happy (and returning) customers.

On the other hand, a bunch of sour-faced, lazy, miserable, look-like-they've-been-there-too-long cabin crew working at another time can put passengers off flying BA.

As a passenger, these things are important to me. The strike appears to have helped identify which group is which.

Ergo, I'd rather be spending my money getting looked after by the former than the latter.

Ironically, it's usually only people from the latter group that complain that passengers don't know enough to comment or should have no business doing so. They probably throw away comment cards that are critical of their service.

The former are very happy to listen to praise or justifiable criticism and learn from it - although in fairness they probably rarely receive criticism. Unlike the latter, who act as if pax are a massive inconvenience to their jollies.

Those are my thoughts, on the PPrune Pax & SLF discussion forum on BA strike - thoughts and questions.

Ayethangyou.