PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2010, 08:24
Ancient Observer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
CAA regulations??

Betty Girl,

You posted earlier some "rules" that you said came from the (UK) CAA in its regulation of cabin crew working time, in relation to long haul routes.

I think you will find that those "rules" that you quoted are not UK CAA rules for Cabin Crew. Those "rules" sound more like BA's own rules for CC, and might be derived from their rules for folk at the pointed end.

The only rule for CC that the CAA regulate is the implementation of the (daft) EU rule about block flying time for CC which was introduced sometime in 04/05. (The UK did not want those rules, they were put in place by the EU when UKREP, which represents the UK in EU dirty deals and negotiation, did not know what it was agreeing to. BA/Virgin et al had the opportunity to help inform UKREP, but did nothing. Nothing new there, then.)

Now, it is entirely possible that I am wrong, and if so, I would be delighted to be educated.

If those rules are CAA rules, would either you, or one of your colleagues, point me in the direction where I might find those UK CAA rules. I've looked at the CAA website and despite an exhaustive search, I can't find them.