PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 14th Jul 2010, 07:28
Desk Jocky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As non-crew, I understand the meaning of change, in which I have been involved several restructures of the past few years, and made sacrifices in terms of no pay rises, increase workload, etc..

So, I'm stuggling to see why CC would want to jeopardise their jobs to hold out for anything else that may come as a result of any further AI, WW and the senior management team have made it quite clear that this is the final offer, and as they have got progressively worse, it seems inevitable that the outcome of this dispute is not going to be good for those unwilling to accept that change is needed.

WW clearly has the full backing of the board and chairman, as demonstrated in yesterday's AGM, does this not make all you involved in this dispute think that now is the time to act and secure your futures, rather than hope for something better, when it isclear that up to now your branch of UNITE, BASSA have been unable to properly negotiate and appear only to use the printed word to show their feelings with no substance on how to provide a longterm solution, that doesn't require any payback.