PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2010, 01:22
BitMoreRightRudder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they just need to focus on the light at the end of the tunnel. because there is a light, a bloody big shiney one! but you boys keep getting in the way of it for these lads and girls.
No one is getting in the way. The reality is some people from the CTC scheme (and I'm sure others, but this is the CTC thread) have been forced to declare themselves bankrupt in recent times. There is light at the end of the tunnel for those who will get jobs in time to stave off such a nightmare, but for many the current situation is a disaster. You and I graduated into a hiring boom. Things have changed since then - I'm sure you would agree.

My point is that you are declaring all is sweetness and light, when in reality you are saying that you did very well thankyou very much so everyone else can expect to achieve the same. The blunt truth is not everyone will enjoy the luck you had. Telling people on such a well read forum that money is not a problem for junior airline pilots is at best subjective, and at worst purposely misleading. If you borrow £100k you need a job paying around £50k a year and you need it fast upon completion of training. How many jobs that fit the bill are on offer today?

I'm all for positivity but you have to be sensitive to the readership in these forums and the basic truth is that times are very hard for new recruits. Do not enter into flying training unless you can afford the worst case scenario - repayments of over £1000 a month with no flying job on offer.

However, glad to hear you are enjoying BA