PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - Wannabes & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2010, 20:26
Dolley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1/I live in London, so the bases that would appeal to me would be in order LGW, LTN and maybe STN (Gatwick and Luton are easier for me though) Which of these bases is ''the'' place to be?

LGW, it's the biggest base and the one which offers most contracts and career progression. STN will be the 'nicest' base of the lot as not so massive. LTN is good if you are interested in progressing into other areas of the business. However, if opportunities come up, you can apply from wherever you based if you are willing to consider LTN later.

2/Salary - I do not expect anyone to put there salary on here for the whole world and their wife to see, but maybe if you could PM a general average for Main Crew and SCCM please? Preferably out of one of the above bases!

PM'd. However, only very vague anyway for all you nosy people out there.

3/Scheduling/rostering - do you have a good working pattern and days off. Do you have an agreement or do you work to Scheme/CAP 371 (Not that I mind!)

New entrants are on random rosters now. For crew who's been there longer it's six days on, three days off, usually three earlies, three lates but this may vary. Newer crew has all sorts of rosters and I've seen both, quite harsh with never more than two days off together in a month and very nice eg every weekend off in a month, 4 days off together etc. Not sure about any agreements as I'm on 6 on, 3 off.

4/Career progression - an important thing for me. Which of the above bases is the best for progression to SCCM specifically?

LGW!!! but if you are flexible you can apply for SCCM at any base as long as you speak the language and are willing to relocate. So for example, you can be based at LTN and apply for SCCM in LGW or vice versa.

Is the salary good for SCCM?

I think so.

I have heard you do ''fast track'' or direct entry SCCMs - I know you are not recruiting at the moment but what does that mean? Obviously I have well over 12 months experience so would be eligible.

I don't think we do that anymore. You need a permanent contract with ezy first. Again, for a permanent contract LGW is the best base. As soon as you have a permanent contract and have the 12 month experience you can apply. However, the newest process is, that SCCM will only be recruited once a year in July for the next summer season. You then may have to be seasonal (summer only) SCCM for a while. But, the whole process is just changing/new therefore, I don't know how this will work exactly from now on.

5/Is Easy a good company to work for - as crew I realise no company is going to be perfect.

Yes. But far from perfect. I'm still here after 5 years or thereabouts. So are many others (and many who've been around much longer). So I guess it can't be that bad despite all the constant moaning going on lol. My answer is yes, after reflecting a bit on the question.

Like I say I do love BA, but EZY does also seem a very forward, good airline. Is this image I have true?

I really can't compare Ezy to BA as I never worked for BA. I have friends who used to work for ezy and are now BA and wouldn't come back, and some who would. I have friends who used to work for BA and now work for ezy and would never go back. I guess it's all about what suits you and your life style best. But yes, there are a good airline, all things considered.

What are the other crew like?

That's what makes it or breaks it, and the crew is lovely. I've worked from quite a few bases and I always find that all bases have lovely crew and I call many of them my friends. LGW is probably the most difficult one on this one as the base is just so massive you barely ever fly with the same people. That's where the other bases STN and LTN are probably a bit nicer as you get to know other crew quicker. I don't think it really matters, ezy, BA, Ryanair, Emirates, etc, we are all crew and therefore we automatically have a lot in common. As everywhere, there is people you will get on with really well, and others you can take them or leave them, but either way, there's always some common ground!

Hope his helps
:-)