PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2010, 20:04
R Knee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Duty of Care - 2way responsibility

Fair comment butterfly, (569)

If the regulators (CAA etc.) deem it legal then it the shortfall may be the lifestyle of those complaining.

It is the responsibility of crew to ensure they make the best effort to maximise their rest period to comply. There are ample opportunities within those regulations to enjoy 'stopovers', and this has been and should remain a benefit of the job. However, it is also the crew's (including FO's) responsibility to inform the aircraft commander of any shortfall in their rest requirements and any captain must take this into consideration before allowing their participation as one of his crew, especially when deciding to operate into allowable extensions of duty hours. It cannot, nor should it ever, be used against that crew member in disciplinary proceedings for circumstances outside their personal control.

I see that Litebulbs, as a nonflying, nonBA (self confessed) employee of another airline (therefore quite legitimately entitled to post on both forums), ignores responses to his oneliners.... or will this provoke a thoughtful response? I enjoy his input and welcome further.

I see you're still online...