PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2010, 18:20
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

PAXboy

Of course it is complicated. That is exactly why it is so unfair of people to completely blame BA cabin crew for all it's woes. Which is what has been going on on here alot recently.

We are aparently to blame for the service BA provide on it's long range flights!!!

We are aparently the reason why BA pulled out of Melbourne!!!!!

We seem to all have been condemed as the devil itself whether we went on strike or not.

I mentioned flights being full because that was relevant to the route that was being discussed Melbourne. It was cancelled as a result of the low loads partly.

Yes lots of flights can be shown to make a loss. Most of the Eurofleet network makes a loss on paper and this is because profit is worked out on kilometer flown. So therefore for someone flying from Amsterdam to Los Angeles the bulk of the ticket profit goes to the longhaul sector, but of course without the shorthaul sector feeding into longhaul, longhaul could not make that profit. So yes it is very complicated and not all black and white as some of you seem to think.

I am sorry if I seem a bit touchy but I do realise some of you are unhappy that some of my collegues went on strike but that does not make every thing wrong with the airline industry the fault of BA cabin crew.

Incidentaly as Easyjet was used as an example by one poster of perfect rostering. Easyjet cabin crew may not get early report payments ect. but they take home more that BA eurofleet main crew do.